Whatever you get up to, it’s important you’re doing everything you can to nurture your own creativity.
Some do this by taking a walk, or reading award annuals, which is all a bit desperate. If you can't even get inspired in an original way, what hope do you have of having an original idea?
So, to help you all be more successful, I've compiled my top 5 ways to foster creativity at work:
1. Strip down to your vest and run up and down the stairwell pretending you’re John McClane in Die Hard. (The last thing Realmenwritelongcopy wants is to be a hero. But he doesn't have a choice.)
2. Read Campaign. It’s so dull, it’ll make you want to make a paper cut clean through your own jugular. Which is a pretty creative way to end yourself.
3. Challenge everyone in the agency to an arm wrestle.
4. Spend time around creative people. It’s unlikely that their creativity will rub off on you. But they might have a good idea you can steal.
5. Strip off in the toilet and spend several minutes gaping at your own nakedness in the full-length mirror. I for one find this an extremely inspiring sight. For an added rush, leave the door unlocked.
Hopefully these tips will help you become more creative. Why not give them a go? Then share in the comments how I’ve helped you produce groundbreaking, award-winning creative.